Librarian -- Waco-McLennan County Library -- Waco, TX
The Waco-McLennan County Library is looking for a creative, innovative, and passionate Librarian who is interested in providing library services to a diverse population in Waco, Texas. This is a full time professional position.
For more information and to apply, please visit the City of Waco’s website: http://www.waco-texas.com
- Provides reference service and resource recommendations using print, media, and digital resources.
- Provides research and information assistance.
- Provides readers advisory service.
- Instructs patrons in the use of library materials and online catalog.
- Collection development of the reference and circulating collection, through review, evaluation, selection and weeding in assigned subject areas.
- Promotes library collections, technology and services through presentations, programs, and topical displays.
- Assists in planning and implementing adult programs and displays.
- Gathers, reviews, and compiles data for reports, and prepares statistical and analytical reports of Library activities and operations.
- Develops special programs for patrons, including outreach and training classes.
- Creates library publications, including bibliographies, guides and Web-based resources.
- Promotes Library programs and services to community agencies, advocates, and citizen groups.
- Maintains discipline and order in the library.
- Provides basic circulation service, as needed.
- Assists with training and supervising volunteers.
- Substitutes at branches as needed.
- Assumes responsibility of the library in the absence of managers.
- Special knowledge of publishing trends, authors, titles, and reading interests of adults.
- In-depth knowledge of library materials, services, and operations.
- Knowledge of emerging information and library technologies
- Ability to learn and operate library automated system with high degree of efficiency.
- Ability to organize work, set priorities, use time effectively, and meet deadlines.
- Ability to multi-task and work with frequent interruptions
- Ability to exercise initiative and independent judgment.
- Ability to interact with people of varying personalities and ages in a variety of situations.
- Proficiency with various e-reader devices
- Proficiency with Windows-based PC’s, Microsoft Office products, web searching, and email.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to analyze and to creatively solve problems related to the position
- Flexible, adaptable, and able to flourish in a changing environment.
- Cross-training in order to perform other duties and responsibilities is required.