Weekend Reference Assistant - Part Time -- Texas Wesleyan University -- Ft. Worth, TX
Provide reference service for all Library patrons in person and via online chat. Assist patrons in the use of print and electronic resources . Provide support for Reference and Instruction Librarians. Assist with Circulation and Weekend duties as needed.
- Acts as the initial contact person for the Reference Department
- Provide reference assistance to library and online patrons
- Maintain the schedule of the Orientation and West Conference Rooms
- Provide organization and support for the Reference and Instruction Librarians.
- Possess and maintain current knowledge of citation styles, information retrieval tools, library collections, and one-on-one teaching practices.
- Direct advanced or subject-specific reference questions to the appropriate subject librarian.
- Promote the intellectual resources of the library’s collection and staff.
- Monitor the Circulation Desk and assist as needed.
- Monitor and respond to noise levels appropriately.
- Maintain a collegial decorum with the Wesleyan Community.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors degree
- M.S. in Library Science degree desired
- Reference and instruction experience desired
- Computer and Internet experience required
- Familiarity with network technology and electronic resources.