Manager, Marketing & Communications -- University of Arizona -- Tucson, AZ
Title: Manager, Marketing & Communications
Department: Libraries - Administration (1701)
Location: Main Campus
For more info and to apply: https://uacareers.com/postings/22285
The Manager of Marketing & Communications serves as the content and branding strategist for the Libraries and provides vision, direction, and oversight of content across library channels, including websites and other digital tools, print materials, social media, signage, videography, advertising and earned media. The Manager develops and implements the UA Libraries brand in a way that is meaningful to students and faculty, and works to create a consistent voice across all library communications. The Manager also provides leadership and direction to the Marketing Communications staff responsible for the day-to-day creation of marketing and communications materials.
Visit the University Libraries website to learn more about us.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
Accepting a new position is a big life step. We want potential candidates and their families to be able to make informed decisions. Candidates who are considering relocation to the Tucson or Phoenix area, and have been offered an on-site interview, are encouraged to use the free services offered by Above & Beyond Relocation Services (ABRS). Ask your department contact to be introduced to ABRS prior to your visit.
As a nationally recognized leader, the University of Arizona strives to look forward. Listed by Forbes as one of America’s Best Employers in the United States, the University provides strategic programs to enhance the lifecycles of a multigenerational workforce.
This award-winning portfolio includes consecutive Seal of Distinction awards for its exemplary Work-Life practices from WorldatWork, along with the 2017 Gold Healthy Arizona Worksite award, presented by the Arizona Department of Health Services and the Maricopa County Department of Public Health. For more information about the collaborative culture and innovative service offerings at the University of Arizona, visit Why UA.
The University of Arizona is an equal opportunity employer providing equal opportunity for women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develops and implements brand, marketing, and content strategies for the Libraries to create a consistent, compelling voice across all library communications.
- Leads the Libraries Communication Council to develop a campus communication plan and key messaging with departmental input.
- Maintains and updates the Libraries’ style guide, content standards, and content workflows.
- Ensures quality, user-centered web content through training, consultation, and collaboration with website content managers.
- Works with user experience and assessment staff in gathering market research to guide prioritization and decision making.
- Supervises and manages the Marketing and Communications team in areas of graphic design, web design, digital and social media, videography, and photography.
- Coaches and mentors direct reports in career and skill development. Creates and supervises processes to ensure timely completion of assignments.
- Edits and writes content in support of our marketing, communications and website efforts.
- Represents the Libraries to the Central Communications Team and the Campus Senior communicators.
- Provides marketing support for events for the development office, Special Collections and the Libraries.
- Manages and controls expenditures within agreed guidelines.
- Maintains awareness and knowledge of contemporary marketing and communication practices and principles.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Strong project management skills, with ability to deliver results on time and on budget through use of project management software tools.
- Broad knowledge of marketing and communication strategies and channels. Skilled in content management and information architecture.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative and inclusive environment, one that values and leverages the benefits of diverse perspectives.
- Positive attitude and strong demonstration of Our Values: Collaboration, Continuous Learning, Diversity, Innovation, and Integrity.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, business administration or a directly related field with at least 5 years of progressively responsible experience; OR any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- At least 4 years of significant managerial experience in a professional environment, with demonstrated excellence in communication, negotiation, and team management.
- Excellent written communication skills, including creative writing as well as technical writing for the web.
- Experience implementing a content strategy, including auditing content, developing content workflows, training content writers, and creating standards and style guides.
- Experience developing editorial calendars and communication plans.
- Experience with UA Marketing and Communications branding and policies.
- Master’s degree in library science, creative writing, English, journalism, communications, marketing or related field.
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week: 40
Job Category: Administrative and Professional
Benefits Eligible: Yes - Full Benefits
Posted Rate of Pay: $55,000-$63,000
Type of criminal background check required: Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)